Lightning is a simple, fast web browser thatfocuses on design, security, and efficiency. It uses materialdesign, doesn’t track you, give you lots of options to protect yourprivacy. It gets out of the way of the user. I built this browserbecause I wanted something better.
● Design – Lightning’s interface was carefully crafted soyou can browse as efficiently as possible. Tabs and Bookmarks areall tucked neatly away in side drawers, only a swipe away, allowingmaximum screen viewing with minimal interference from the browser’schrome. Dark Mode, Light Mode, Color Mode, Night Mode… Anyway,whatever you like, there’s a mode for you.
● Speed – By utilizing the WebKit rendering engine thatcomes built into your Android device, Lightning can ensure a swift,lightweight experience.
● Privacy – Use Incognito Mode to browse without leaving afootprint, download Orbot and turn on TOR proxy support to maskyour identify and location, use StartPage or DuckDuckGo for yoursearch engine, or disable settings that you think leave you atrisk. Whatever your concern, Lightning will try to help.
● Features – Full-screen, check. Inverted Rendering, check.All the search engines you want, check. Search Suggestions,Bookmarks, History, User Agents, Reading Mode, whatever you need,Lightning does it.
● Open-source – Just as Android open-source, so isLightning. I believe that the best software is built whencommunities come together to engineer the best solution. Head overto the repository on GitHub to contribute or translate.
● Free – Check out the paid version for AdBlock andUnlimited Tabs. Free version is limited to ten tabs open at atime.
● permission.INTERNET: Needed to access the internet forbrowsing
● permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed for downloadingfiles and backing up data
● permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed for downloadingfiles and restoring data
● permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Needed for sites thatwant your location (you can deny location access)
Talk to me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/RestainoAnthony
Fork me on GitHub:https://github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser
Become a beta tester:https://plus.google.com/communities/108746004608718111703